Note: This is part of the Daily Post’s prompt “The Poetry of List-Making” which you can find by clicking this link.
In the interests of full disclosure, I am not a list-maker. I believe in living life by riding the torrents and waves of pure chaos wherever they take me. However, sometimes lists do help present information in a more user-friendly way, and I believe this is one such occasion.
The List of Reasons I Don’t Make Lists
1. The first thing I write down is always the first thing that comes to mind.
2. The first thing I write down isn’t always germane to the list I’m creating.
3. Sometimes I include things on lists because I can, and not because they belong there.
4. I am so going to get some ice cream after publishing this post.
5. Too many times, I’ll forget to write something when I create a space for it.
6. And that’s it!
7. While lists can present items in direct order, mine often are not in intellectual order.